5 May 2010

Kings of Neon

All through the colder months (which is about 10 and a half months out of 12 in London) I lived in my almost-blacks/deep purples/grey nail polishes. Then as the frost slowly faded I was addicted to my taupe/mushroom/beige variants of colours. Now that summer is apparently, almost, just around the corner (I'm still not convinced) I've been really into all the neon ranges of colours that have had a resurgence since last year and popped up on-line and in stores.
These are the kind of shades that when you see on someone else you just have to have it immediately, then get home and try it on and are not so sure you can pull it off. I've tried a few and although after an hour of wandering around the house in a state of self-doubt, something clicks and I am totally in love! The kind of love where you glance down to see the absolutely amazing colour on your nails every 0.8 seconds. I've been wearing my neons quite a bit and still can't get enough. Make sure to keep nails really short though, hyper-colour talons are NOT a good look. Be aware of your clothing if you're doing neon nails, stick to neutral colours and definitely only pick nails or toes to bear these shades or else risk looking like an fluorescent 80's throwback.

No comments:

Post a Comment