31 March 2011

Whipped

It seems the majority of my cakes, cupcakes, cookies, slices, whatever are always chocolate based. This is mainly due to the fact that Husband and I are chocoholics not-so-anonymous, but also because chocolate based baking is usually so foolproof. I decided to venture outside of my chocolate box and make the Hummingbird Bakery's Coconut Meringue Cake. This recipe was (a lot) more complicated than the easy ones I usually attempt to make and of course i cheated quite a bit- I used desiccated coconut rather than fresh and I made the cake only two layers instead of three. There was a lot of mess involved and more bowls required than I care to wash up but it all turned out ok in the end. The whipped meringue icing means the cake is quite rich but not in a sickening way. I thought I had done a pretty decent job of it until I offered Husband a slice and he responded with........ "Wheres the chocolate?".

No comments:

Post a Comment